Finding Florida brought us to Bluefoot Pirate Adventures pirate cruise located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale. A place where children and adults alike come to experience the magic of a pirate sailing in South Florida in search of treasures.
Table of Contents
There are adventures geared toward children and adult pirates alike. We did the children’s experience.
Upon arrival at the dock at our previously appointed time, the children were gussied up into pirate attire. For a small fee you can buy some pirate gear like a an eye patch, bandana, and sword. After everyone arrives and is pirated up, there is a coming aboard ceremony. They provide life jackets for anyone under 18.
Be sure to bring sunglasses, sunscreen and water or you will have to pay for all of the above once on board. Of course it costs more on board just like every attraction.
Things To Know About Bluefoot Pirate Adventures
- It’s hot. Bring a hat. Maybe a spray bottle with water or a portable fan.
- The water can be choppy so if motion sickness is an issue, take dramamine early. Even if motion sickness isn’t an issue, bring it with you. It’s a smallish boat so you really feel it moving.
- It’s loud. Got a kid with sensory issues? Earplugs or noise canceling headphones are a must for them.
- Children’s cruise is great for the 10 and under crowd. Older kids may be bored.
- You get a great tour of local mansions that you can see from the boat. Very knowledgeable guides will point out all the sites and tell you who lives at which mansion.
It is a great adventure to learn about pirates in Florida. You could easily stop to do this while on your way to or from Miami. It is nicely done and small children will love it.
Located at the Bahia Mar Hotel Resort & Marina
Dock Slip I-909
801 Seabreeze Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Enter Main Entrance of Bahia Mar Hotel
Park at the Bahia Mar Hotel next to the ship all day for only $5! Be sure to mention ‘Bluefoot Pirates’ on your way out!
Paper Pirate Ship Craft
- Colorful craft Paper.
- Colorful Marker Pens.
Astrobrights Mega Collection, Colored Paper,Scotch® Glue Stick 6015, .52 OuncesScotch Multi-Purpose Stainless Steel Scissor, 8-Inches (1428)Crayola Ultra-Clean Washable Markers, Broad Line, 8 CountWestcott Wood 12
Cut out the pieces for the pirate ship papercraft using the PDF templates.
Use a brown marker pen to draw horizontal lines on the ship’s body.
Then use a blue marker pen to draw the details on the circular windows for the ship.
Glue the circular windows in the middle of the ship’s body.
Keep an equal distance between the windows.
Then take the skull and glue it in the middle of the black flag.
Glue the white sail and the black flag on the brown paper strips.
First glue the sail on one corner of the ship,
Then glue the black flag on the opposite side from the sail.
Now finish it off by gluing the anchor on the ship.