Our books are available in e-book format exclusively through SEA Homeschoolers. We keep a small selection of hard copies and can print more on demand, we’re also happy to offer bulk discounts on hard copies. Please email us for a quote.
*scroll down to see samples*
Wild at the Zoo makes the perfect educational companion for your trip to the zoo by teaching kids all about the wild things they’ll find.
Filled with activities and games they’ll complete before, during, and after their trip, it lets kids from ages 5-12 explore and discover the world of zoo animals.
The student workbook is filled with over two dozen pages of games, activities, and information about the zoo, the animals in it, and the people who take care of them. The parent/teacher guide contains extra supplemental information, guided discussions, added teaching elements, and answers to the activities.
Some of the things you’ll find in this pack are:
• Animal Classification – Before you head to the zoo learn about animal classification and how to recognize different types of animals by their body characteristics.
• Feeding Time – Go beyond carnivore and herbivore to learn about the different types of animal diets and the words we use to describe what animals eat.
• Zoo Jobs – When you get to the zoo, look for the people who take care of the animals at the zoo. Use the interview questions to learn about their jobs, what they do, and how they got there.
• Where in the World Bingo – A set of two bingo cards to keep track of what countries the animals at the zoo live in. Get five in a row and you win!
• Animal Profiles – Kids capture lots of information on the animals they see (like habitat, diet, location, conservation status and more) by filling out a profile on each of their favorite animals.
• Habitats at Home – Get tips on how to set up habitats for your own little wild animal zoo at home.
• And much, much more! There are so many activities and games that you’ll be able to use it for lots of trips to the zoo.